welcome to the cook family blog!
we hope you enjoy your time here with us.
Lately in our lives:
Calvin: Is taking an Astronomy class at UVU, and enjoying work...kind of. He is writing a song write now. It sounds like an upbeat tune with a bit of whistling. He's been getting together with my cousin Chris and a kid from work to play the songs he has written. They sound pretty good!
Speaking of songs we have just been given a piano from my Great Grandma Sprague. It is a very unique looking piano; it has a smaller keyboard, and is a spinet (meaning the hammers and wires are next to your feet instead of near the top). It is the cutest! We just had it repaired, and it's getting tuned tomorrow. It will get a lot of love and playing time around our house. We are so excited to have it!

Chelsey: Well, as Calvin pointed out earlier today, I'm having Outback withdrawals! Someone was asking me about working at Outback today (a wilderness treatment program where I worked). I was reminded of how much I LOVED it, and everything I learned there. It was a great opportunity to learn how to teach values and to invite change. It was a wonderful program because they didn't force anyone to do anything. They let natural consequences take their course, and it was wonderful to see the participants learning, growing and changes on their own, with out being forced.
In school I'm just as busy as ever, and ready to graduate! Today I went to ballet. Let's just say I'm not the most coordinated, but I do enjoy it. I can't wait to see how the upcoming election will pan out. I've also been busy painting furniture. It is my new favorite thing to do. I painting our T.V. stand turquoise, and am now painting a frame to match.
So long for now.
p.s. blogging is so weird!



7 comments:
You want to be apart of the cooking group!?!? Yeah!! I havent really been working on it, cause ive been erally busy, and im poor...always poor. anyways, but yeah! and do you still want to go to logan with us this weekend?! Can you guys chip in for gas? mmk you guys rock!
Yay for blogs! I'm glad you guys have one now!
I have a blog too. Can we be blog buds?
I'm so glad you have a blog now! Now we can all check in on Cowmen and Chessee. My kids are a little obsessed with you. They pick people well though!
aha...I found you! cute background! now we can keep tabs on eachother.
blogging IS weird...i can't get used to mine at all... :)
We'll be up there for Thanksgiving for sure, but we still don't know about Christmas. It all depends on the job situation. Will you guys be there for both?
Post a Comment